Do you know about the fishing apps?
Fishing is a fantastic sport, but it is not as simple as it looks. Making a successful fishing trip is not less than a science. You have to take many different things into considerations like the weather, fish activity, wind speed, wind direction, swell in the water, water temperature, water tides, and many other things.
The fishing trip could go badly wrong if these things are not considered when planning a fishing trip. Keeping track of these different measures could be really hard. To make things easy, I bring you some of the best fishing apps that you can use to track these things and plan a successful fishing trip.
Best Fishing Apps
So today, I’ll list 10 amazing and best fishing apps and describe them briefly about what features they offer and how you can use these fishing apps that will help you to plan a successful fishing trip.
Lets Go Fishing.
Windy is one of the fishing apps that give all the information about the weather that you need to know when you are planning your fishing trip.
The Windy Map includes weather predictions about the whole world; no matter where you are living, it will give the accurate data you want.
All the features in windy are entirely free, and it is available on both Android and iOS. Windy also has a paid version that gives you the weather report in detail, but you probably won’t ever need that as they have provided every feature in their free version.
This weather checking app is just amazing as it provides all the features for free I personally use this app to plan my fishing trip.
Windy is one of the fishing apps that is completely trusted and is used by professionals, so just go and download this app for free.
The Features that windy has Included are:
Fishbrain is just like Facebook but for fishing. This is one of the fishing apps that lets you share your fishing reports, and you can see when and where the other anglers are fishing, and you can even find their secret spot.
This fishing app is used by millions of anglers all over the world and has around 50000 positive reviews on the play store.
This app allows you to search for the species you are targeting, and it will show you where other anglers are catching that species of fish near you and what are the most popular lures and baits they are using.
Other than this, it has a fantastic feature of fishing forecast and calendar. This feature helps you by forecasting the best biting time of your target species. You can’t deny that it is one of the best fishing apps.
Fishbrain has both free and a paid version that costs $5.99/month.
Tide charts is one of the fishing apps that gives you complete forecasts about the sea tides around your area. It gives you a beautiful and simple way to view tides on your mobile device. Other than that, you can see the lunar data, weather forecast, and current radar that is just awesome getting so many features in a single free app.
When you download this app, it will automatically pick the closest fishing location in your area. But, if you want to plan for somewhere else, no problem, you can change the location through the map that they provide you and you’ll see all the forecasts about that location.
Another fantastic thing about this best fishing app is that it doesn’t require any internet connection. It gives you all the predictions without internet access.
It has a rating of around 4.2 in Android and 4.8 on iOs, which tells a lot about this fishing app.
Guy Harvey Magazine Quote
“If you haven’t heard of this app, you’ve been living under a barnacle somewhere. Pro Angler provides location-specific reports and fishing advice from a hand-picked team of veteran captains. It also includes regulations and fishing techniques for individual species along with tide charts and weather data. It’s the whole package in one place.”
Pro angler is one of the fishing apps that provides you a lot of features at a single place. The features that this app offers are
- Guide about the angling techniques. ( I have a guide to offshore fishing too go check it out OFFSHORE FISHING 2020 THE BEST AND ABSOLUTE GUIDE )
- Easy-to-Use State & Federal Regulations.
- Weekly Fish Biting Updates
- GPS hotspot Locations
- Weather Predictions, Tides Predictions, and best times for fishing.
- Recipies, share your catch, guides about gear, knots, rigs, and other stuff and a digital fishing wallet to store your essential data. ( Read our Guide about spinning reels TOP 10 SPINNING REELS 2020 UNDER 30$ | An Absolute Guide and Review )
This app is free to download, but to unlock the full power; you have to purchase it that would cost around $35.99 for 6 months or $59.99 for 1 year.
I’ll recommend you stick with the free version, and if you feel comfortable with the app, then buy it as it doesn’t have a lot of good reviews on google play, but on the App Store, it has a rating of 4.4. It has around 50000+ installs on the play store.
This is one of the best fishing apps as it has so many features you can use in its free version too.
I’ve personally used fishing points, and I have to say that this is one of the best fishing apps I’ve seen up till now. Fishing Points provides so many amazing features, and one fantastic thing about this app is that it works offline too.
This fishing app allows you to save your favorite fishing location even if you are offline, and you can also save the fish you caught there with some description. Isn’t that amazing.
Other Features of the app includes:
- Tells location allows you to record your trolling path so you can troll there again and shows you the distance too.
- Weather forecasts, fish activity, and biting time.
- Marine forecasts like sea temperature, sea current, and wave forecasts.
- Weather forecast like tide prediction, wind speed, and direction.
- Solunar Data like sunrise and sunset timings, sun positions, moon phases, moon positions, and moonrise and moonset times.
- Create fishing logs, save your catches, and share it with the community.
This fantastic fishing app has a rating of 4.4 on Google play and about 1,000,000+ installs. On the app store, it has a rating of 4.6.
This is one of the reviews on google play by fishing points users.
This is the best bang for your buck when it comes to fishing apps. Work this and fish brain together and your won’t need anything else to plan out your next trip. this is better for the avid Fisher vs. your go to buddy. This is the best app for tides hands down.
To unlock the full potential of this fishing app, you have to purchase its premium version that costs around $30 that is not a massive amount if you want to plan a fantastic fishing trip.
Deeper – Smart Sonar
Deeper is a Product, basically a sonar smart sonar system, and it is the official app of this product.
If we talk about the product, it is incredible and easy to carry sonar. The company has developed a fantastic app that is, in my opinion, and many professional anglers, one of the best fishing apps available over the internet.
The app offers many amazing features even if you don’t have their sonar, and it is entirely free to use. The features provided by this app are
- Solunar calendar (view hourly, daily, weekly and monthly information) and weather forecasts (check temperature, wind, humidity, pressure, and sunset/sunrise).
- Save your catch and the location you caught it.
- Download offline maps and save your favorite spots.
- Take a picture through the app’s camera and share it directly from within the app.
- Run the sonar simulations.
- Get data like water temperature, bottom structure, and the fish hiding location.
- Switch between different fishing modes.
- Store all the fishing related data in the app as the app provides unlimited storage.
You can’t deny that it is one of the best fishing apps you can use to plan your fishing trip. To get full out of this app, you can buy their sonar product. Buy Deeper Sonar From Amazon.
Fishing & Hunting Solunar Time
Fishing & Hunting Solunar Time is one of the best fishing apps as its rating on Google Play and App Store says so. It has a rating of 4.5 on Google Play and 4.7 on the App Store, which is simply amazing.
Here is a review of a happy user of this fishing app
Save yourself time fishing in un-productive hours. I have always followed the solunar table this app makes it so handy. I live beside a lake and watch the fish start jumping on queue during major times the rest is up to you. Easy to use as well as weather feature. Premium allows you to plan your fishing trips. Super great app.
This app gives the full information and predicts the feeding time of the fish based on the position of the moon and its phases and the position of the sun.
It provides the following features
- GPS System
- Save your favorite locations
- Fish Activity
- Day Rating
- Moon Rise / Moon Set Times
- Sunrise / Sunset Times
- 5-Day weather Forecast
- Moon phases
- Tides charts
- Calendar for checking solunar data in advance
Like the other fantastic fishing app to use the full power of this app, you have to purchase the premium version of it only of $2.99. You should defiantly buy it as one of the best fishing apps, and if it’s providing so much in just 3 bucks, it’s just unbelievable.
FishAngler is an entirely free app with no hidden charges or any premium version, you can use all its features for free, and that’s the reason it is one of the best fishing apps over the internet.
This app provides many features for its users so they can successfully plan their fishing trips.
The features provided by this app are
- GPS Maps
- Fishing Forecasts and fish activity time
- Save and share your catch and location
- Connect with other anglers around your area
- Choose to share your catch info or keep it private
- Realtime weather forecasts
- Fishing Tide Charts
- Multiple news feeds including ‘global’, ‘local ‘, and ‘following’.
- Track and follow any type of fish you want to catch
- Most productive baits and lures
- Connect your website or business page for free
Here is the review of a happy user of FishiAnglers App
I love this app. I had no idea where to fish before I got it. It’s basically Instagram for people who love to fish lol. The only thing that would make it better, is if you could post videos of you reeling in a big fish, or be able to post how to video’s. I think it would help a lot of new fisherman.
This app provides uncounted features and has a rating of 4.5 on Google Play and 4.8 on the App store. All of these features provided by the app are completely free.
Fishing Knots Lite
I included this app in my list of best fishing apps as it is essential for the anglers to know when to tie which kind of knot and how to tie that knot. And here comes this fantastic fishing app to solve the problem.
This app contains uncounted knots, and it gives a complete description of each knot it provides and step-by-step guide “How to tie” with illustrations.
This app describes in detail the properties of knots. It gives the estimation of the strength reduction for each knot, and each knot provides recommendations for types of fishing lines.
Another reason why I included it in my list of the best fishing apps is that this fishing app could work offline, too; these are hard to find these days in the era of the internet.
Here are some of the reasons why you should install and use this app
- It has a maximum number of knots used by anglers.
- It has animations to guide how to tie a knot.
- The application runs without an Internet connection.
- Easy to use interface
- Categories clearly define knots.
- Each record contains relative knot strength – the breaking strength of a knotted rope in proportion to the breaking strength of the line without the knot.
- It is always being updated, refined, and increasing.
This app has a rating of 4.5 on Google Play and has about 1,000,000+ installs. It is entirely free to use and doesn’t require any kind of payment.
Here is one review by a happy user of this fantastic and one of the best fishing apps
Great app very helpful!! I don’t usually give 5 stars, but this app is great! The numerous instructional vidoes are very well done and super easy to follow. Plus this app doesn’t need any permissions that can steal one’s identity. THANKS FOR A SPECTACULAR APP!!!
I included a fishing calendar in my list of the best fishing apps as this app provides advanced so lunar predictions, and it also suggests the best time and place to fish.
This app considers all the necessary things and predicts the location and the time where fishing would be more productive.
Some of the features offered by this app are
- It predicts the best times for fishing.
- Infinite prediction calendar
- Fishing Biting time and history
- Moonrise, moonset, and overhead moon times
- Moon Phase
- Sunrise and sunrise times
- Minor and significant periods of fish activity
- Worldwide calendar for any location
- Allows you to save and share your catch
This app has a rating of 4.4 on both app store and Google Play. It contains in-app purchases that means all of these features are not available in the free version. To use full features of the app, you have to buy the subscription that is about $3.49 for one month and $18.99 for 1 year.
You can tell by the reviews that it is one of the best fishing apps. Here is a review of happy users of this app
I am a captain who gives classes for people learning how to fish the Chesapeake bay. This is by far one of the most useful fishing apps for learning and understanding when the when fish bite. It is also a great resource for people in classes who have not driven boats before. Lots of people come to us and buy brand new beautiful boats and have not been taught how to drive them in “docking” and “navigation”. This app is the resource we use to show new clients how the water movement will effect their boat travel.
Let’s compare all these fishing apps now.
So these were 10 best and awesome fishing apps that you can use to plan your fishing trips. I hope you found this article helpful. If so, tell me in the comments and share this information with your friends.
Read our Other Articles